Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Tatarstan Yelabuga State Historical Architectural and Art museum reserve All-Russian creative public organization "Union of Artists of Russia"
The XIV International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the topic "Wedding Excitement"Yelabuga, July 8-17, 2019
Modern Tatarstan is a dynamically developing region, the cultural center of the Volga region. The pearl in its very heart is the ancient merchant city of Yelabuga, where for many centuries representatives of various nations, distinguished by their traditions and way of life, live in complete agreement. Tatarstan and, in particular, Yelabuga with its richest historical and cultural heritage have long been a center of attraction for many tourists from around the world. They are attracted by the poly-ethnic and multi-religious nature of the population of the republic living in close ethnocultural interaction and interpenetration of traditions.
Yelabuga is one of the few historical centers of the Republic of Tatarstan, rich with the names of famous people known all over the world, a city that is actively developing at the present time. Yelabuga is the birthplace of the world famous painter I.I. Shishkin. It is symbolic that Yelabuga almost a century later, revives pictorial traditions and gathers art lovers from all over Russia and even foreign countries. A large number of various art projects are carried out in Yelabuga. The leading role in these processes is played by the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve, which every year expands the scope of its activities, developing and implementing new ideas.
The history of art symposia begins in 2006, when the first All-Russian practical symposium on modern painting was held, dedicated to the 175th anniversary of the birth of I.I. Shishkin and the 1000th anniversary of Yelabuga. Almost immediately, art symposia acquired an ethnic orientation with the aim of preserving historical memory, national identity and the development of inter-ethnic cultural dialogue. Since 2010, the project has received international status.
During 13 years, the Yelabuga State Museum Reserve held 22 art projects, which were attended by 796 artists from more than 100 cities in 25 countries - Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Hungary, Egypt, India, Canada, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, France, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Scotland (Great Britain), Ethiopia. In total, they created 1416 works transferred to the EGMZ funds to enrich the Museum Fund of the Russian Federation.
From July 8 to July 17, 2019, the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve holds the XIV International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement”. Its theme includes artistic interpretation of the national wedding ceremony in the culture of different nations.
A wedding is an ancient ceremony that has preserved the main stages of its conduct in the modern world. In this rite, the old is united with the new, the religious with the civil, the sad with the merry. Every nation has its own views and customs on holding a wedding ceremony, aimed at preserving the eternal human values: love and peace in the family, birth and upbringing of children, respect for parents.
The Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve is interested in the creation by the participants of an art symposium of works devoted to the wedding rites of the peoples of Russia and the world. A wide representation by artists of one of the most popular rites on canvas and paper will be a bright addition to the collection of ethnic theme.
Active exhibition activities and intermuseum projects of the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve introduce the works of domestic and foreign artists on the Russian and international level.
The purpose of the symposium
The purpose of the symposium is to assert interest in the cultural traditions of the peoples of the world as an important part of national identity in modern visual art through the promotion of the wedding ceremony in painting and graphics by modern Russian and foreign masters.
The outcome of the symposium will be the creation by its participants of works on a given topic with their subsequent transfer to the funds of the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve to replenish the Museum Fund of the Russian Federation.
Tasks of the symposium
1. Establishing conditions for creative communication and exchange of experience of artists invited from different regions of Russia, countries of near and far abroad.
2. Creating a platform for the implementation of the creative abilities of artists in order to maximize the disclosure of their ideas in the framework of the XIV International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement”.
3. Continuation of work on the acquisition of the funds of the Yelabuga State Museum-Preserve with the works of modern artists.
4. Formation of an exhibition of works by participants of the XIV International Art Symposium and its further use as a mobile display for exhibiting in cities of the Russian Federation and foreign countries.
5. Publication of the catalog of the XIV International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement” for further transfer to the participants of this art symposium, to the funds of museums of the Russian Federation, libraries of specialized educational and artistic organizations.
1. In the framework of the symposium, participants should create 2 works. Creative works can be made in the technique of painting (canvas, oil, acrylic), graphics (unique) in accordance with the theme of the symposium "Wedding Excitement".
Artists will be provided with ready-made canvases of their choice (60x80, 100x100, 100x120, 120x120 cm), paper (watercolor, drawing paper). Participants bring their paints, brushes, graphic materials and other necessary materials to create works.
2. The project participants are given the opportunity to hold their own master classes for the participants of the symposium and teachers of the Yelabuga College of Culture and Arts, art schools and higher art educational institutions in the city of Yelabuga and Nab. Chelny (by prior agreement with the organizers).
Obligations of the parties
1. Obligations of the organizers:
– provide an equipped room for artists;
– prepare canvases, paper at the request of participants;
– provide easels for work;
– provide hotel accommodation and three meals a day;
– to provide foreign participants, if necessary, with interpreters (English and German) during the events of the program of the symposium;
– at the conclusion of the symposium, to organize and hold an exhibition in the Exhibition Hall of the EGMZ;
– to award all participants of the XIV International Art Symposium with diplomas and mementoes;
– publish an album-catalog of works created during the XIV International Art Symposium, and donate one copy to each participant.
2. Obligations of participants:
– a participant who has received an official invitation from the organizers must confirm in written form his participation in the 14th International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement” (in electronic form);
– donate to the EGMZ funds all the works created at the symposium, and thereby transfer to the Museum-Reserve the exclusive rights to the further use, reproduction and publication of these works;
– provide for publication on websites, in catalogs, presentations and other promotional materials information about yourself (application form);
– have tools and consumables available (brushes, paints, graphic materials);
– to have their national costume for the solemn opening ceremony of the exhibition;
– take a personal part in master classes organized under the program of the XIV International Art Symposium;
– to allow the processing of their personal data in accordance with paragraph 4 of Art. 9 of the Federal Law dated July 27, 2006 No. 152- FL (Federal Law) “On Personal Data” (in order to prepare information for the catalog of works of the participants of the XIV International Art Symposium).
Only the members of artistic and creative unions of the Russian Federation, foreign and neighboring countries (with a questionnaire submitted on time, a concept of works and an official invitation from the organizers) take part in the 14th International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement”.
Only three novice artists can take part in the art symposium by decision of the Arts Council (with a preview of 5–6 creative works in electronic form).
In exceptional cases, the organizers reserve the right to take the correspondence form of the artist’s participation in the XIV International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement”.
The participant does not have the right to demand any compensation or reward for participating in the exhibition and events organized under the program of the art symposium, as well as for displaying his works and / or using them in catalogs, on websites and in promotional materials of the 14th International Art Museum. Symposium on contemporary art.
All information about the event will be published on the website of the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve www.elabuga.com.
Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation;
Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Tatarstan;
Yelabuga State Historical-Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve;
All-Russian creative public organization "Union of Artists of Russia".
The authors of the idea of the symposium
Rudenko Gulzada Rakipovna — Director General of the Yelabuga State Historical-Architectural and Art Museum Reserve branches of the All-Russian public movement “People’s Front“ For Russia ””, advisor of the head of the Yelabuga municipal district for the development of tourism and security cultural heritage.
Gilyazetdinov Salavat — Honored Artist of the Republic of Bashkortostan, a member of the Union of Artists of Russia.
Curator of the symposium
Salyakhov Rabis — People's Artist of the Republic of Tatarstan, Honored Artist of the Republic of Tatarstan, a member of the Union of Artists of Russia and Tatarstan.
Podnoskova Gulnara — Head of the Exhibition Hall of the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve.
Terms and conditions
The 14th International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement” will be held from July 8 to July 17, 2019.
Arrival of participants — July 8, 2019.
Departure is July 17, 2019.
The inauguration of the exhibition of works by participants of the XIV International Art Symposium will be held on July 16, 2019 in the EGMZ Exhibition Hall (24, Kazanskaya Street).
1. Payment for accommodation and meals, provision of canvases and paper, organization of the cultural program are made at the expense of the organizers.
2. Travel to Yelabugi and back — at the expense of the sending party or at the expense of the participant.
3. The application form for participation (Appendix No. 1) is accepted until June 10, 2019 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is necessary to attach 4-5 photos with the image of the author's works of various subjects (in the electronic version) to the application form.
4. Applicants, approved by the Art Council of the Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve will be officially invited to participate in the XIV International Art Symposium on Contemporary Art on the theme “Wedding Excitement”.
423600 Gassara Street, 9, Yelabuga, Republic of Tatarstan. Phone of Reception of Yelabuga State Museum-Reserve: +7(85557) 7-86-00 Exhibition Hall of Yelabuga State Historical-Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve: Kazanskaya Street, 24, Yelabuga, Republic of Tatarstan Tel., Fax of the Exhibition Hall: +7(85557) 7-89-38 E-mail: email@example.com
Podnoskova Gulnara — Head of the Exhibition Hall of the Yeabuga State Museum-Reserve;
Parshikova Elena — senior researcher of the Exhibition Hall of the EGMZ, art historian.
Idaeva Ramziya — Specialist of the exposition and exhibition department of EGMZ.
How to reach us
By plane from the international airports of Moscow («Domodedovo», «Sheremetyevo» and «Vnukovo»)
Moscow – Nizhnekamsk. Arrival Airport: Nizhnekamsk. Transfer from the airport to Yelabuga – 40 minutes.
Railway stations (Republic of Tatarstan)
In Naberezhnye Chelny Train Moscow – Naberezhnye Chelny (№112M Moscow – Round Field). Transfer from train / railway station to Yelabuga – 20 minutes.
In Kazan The distance to the city of Yelabuga – 200 km, travel time – 3 hours.
Railway stations (Republic of Udmurtia)
In the town of Mozhga The distance toYelabuga – 94 km, transfer – 1 hour 30 minutes.
In Izhevsk City The distance to Yelabuga – 183 km, transfer – 3 hours.
Download document Word «Regulations of the Art Symposium»
Download document Word «Application Form»